06 June 2010

Russian ships, part 1

Not much progress here, as I am suffering from an increased work-load, and a sore and swollen left knee. My recent computer upgrade was more successful but just as time-consuming!

A small amount of work was accomplished, as seen here:


Basically, a before and after pic of the Russian destroyer Novik. The Navwar mini appears to be the WW2 version, also known as Yakov Sverdlov. I trimmed down the tripod masts and added pole masts of brass rod. It is still not quite the correct profile for Novik, but it is close.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting!

    I too have the Navwar Novik and hated the mast heads as depicted.

    I think I will have o take a leaf out of your book

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi EG,

    I did not know about the Navwar Novik being the WW2 version - I have some of these in my WW1 Black Sea fleet so remedial action re the tripod masts may be called for!

    All the best,

    Ogre

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be careful before reaching for that scalpel Ogre - from some of the pics I have seen (on Wiki) some of the destroyers based on Novik actually did have masts in the positions shown on the Navwar mini, although they should be poles instead of tripods as per Navwar.

    Plus, although I do like to tinker with my minis I don't go back to a painted mini and alter it - too many other minis to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi EG,

    Mercifully I only have eight of them but they are painted so I may leave it. I hope the knee is not too painful!

    All the best,

    Ogre

    ReplyDelete