22 March 2020

Ships off Haiti, part 1

Some progress:



Here are the contents of the Haitian rebel ship package - hulls, masts, bowsprits, funnels, and deck guns!  Fortunately, there are good pics of the assembled models on the FB page, and line drawings in the Salnave's War book.  Phil (of Spithead Miniatures) also sent a helpful e-mail detailing some of the differences he decided for the models, and suggested painting guides.




After a bit of sorting, the models are ready for assembly.  I need to review my basing plan before going much further.




Last but not least, the government squadron is sorted.

8 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to seeing the journey towards these being assembled and painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought into these too! I thought it would be great to be able to run a campaign with only 11-12 ships total. What rules are you thinking about using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the looks of these ships. What is your method? Do you put them together then paint? Or paint before assembly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are 1/1200 scale, right? That big double side wheeler looks like it's almost 2-1/2", pretty big ship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments. 1/1200 scale. I think that I will try to assemble a small vessel first and see how painting and rigging go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an interesting project, Greg. What rules do you plan to use for them? Are you still in the PNW? We're moving into a naval phase in our gaming right now. Would love to get you involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello David - As for rules, everything from Ironclads to Smoke on the Water is being considered...

    I believe that I still have your e-mail; your pre-dreadnought project sounds interesting and yes I'm in the PNW

    ReplyDelete