15 March 2020

Back, again?

I am trying to get my wargaming 'sea legs' back!

A new arrival has piqued my interest:


These are 1/1200 ship models from Spithead Miniatures for the Haitian Revolution (Salnave's War) of 1867.  Also pictured above is an ACW 90-day gunboat and USS Benton.

To accompany these wonderful models, I picked up a copy of this:


This slender book is a concise source of information for the vessels and battles at sea during the revolution, including maps and drawings of all the ships present.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back, and a great project to kick off your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging! The Haitian stuff looks interesting. I wish Spithead miniatures had a better way of showing their figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - The Spithead web site is gone, but they have a Facebook page...

      Delete
  3. This is a new period to me and I look forward to learning more about it as your project continues. Good to see you blogging here once more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the sea legs. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an intriguing project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright! Welcome back Greg! Wow I didn't even kno there was a Hatian revolution let alone ships to go with it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them! 😉

    ReplyDelete